Time & Location
Dec 14, 2023, 4:00 PM EST – Dec 15, 2023, 6:00 PM EST
Dalton, 300 W Waugh St, Dalton, GA 30720, USA
About the event
Downtown Dalton Annual Christmas Parade. Marines, we will meet between Jones and Waugh Streets Thursday at 4:30PM. If you are not driving a vehicle please join us no later than 5:30PM.
Rules and Guideline:
1. No vehicle, motorcycle and/or ATV may be driven by anyone under the age of 16.
2. All entries must be decorated in some form or fashion in accordance to the parade theme or festive Christmas style.
3. All non-street legal vehicles must be transported to parade assembly.
4. All floats must be decorated prior to line-up.
5. All riders need to be on the float at parade time. (No cars are allowed to stop in the line-up area on Waugh Street to deliver riders to floats. Please drop riders at the closest side street for them to walk to your float on Waugh Street).
6. Your float must be hooked once it is on Waugh Street or an assigned location. (You will not be able to unhook and leave your trailer once parked in the line-up).
7. The use of tractor-trailers and 53-foot trailers is no longer allowed. The maximum length of a trailer allowed in the parade is 40 feet.
8. The Dalton Noon Lions Club and the City of Dalton reserves the right, at their discretion, to remove any participant, entry, float or group due to inappropriate behavior or appearance.
9. No one is allowed to have a Santa Claus, live or otherwise, on their float. We provide Santa at the end of the parade on the fire truck. This prevents confusion for the small children.
10. Parade participants riding on floats or in vehicles are not permitted to throw candy. Each float should have walkers along the float, 18 years or older, to pass the candy to the sidewalks. Our intention is to prevent small children from running into the street to collect thrown candy.
11. When the parade begins, please keep close ranks and follow the unit in front of you. Do not stop unnecessarily and do not lag. No one may leave the parade until it reaches the designated dispersal area. Exceptions will be made for emergency vehicles.
12. Judges will be on hand to choose the following: (1) Best Use of Theme (2) Most Enthusiastic (3) Creativity.
13. The Fire Department will not allow vehicle or pedestrian traffic at the intersection of Jones Street south side of Waugh Street. This is the route fire trucks will use in case of emergency.
14. The parade will start at 6:00pm with the line-up beginning at 4:30pm. (LINE UP WILL BEGIN AT WAUGH AND JONES) Numbers will be given at the time of line-up on a first come first serve basis. Numbers may not be in succession.
If you have any last-minute questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We appreciate your enthusiasm and participation in making this year’s Downtown Dalton Christmas Parade a memorable event for our community.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you at the parade.
Candace K. Eaton
706-278-3332 – Office
706-934-9995 – Cell
- Ticket type